Welcome to the Cody & Allie Story... their story in pictures! 


Monday, May 19, 2008

Some progress...then shot back down!

Last night after 5 hours of some consistent contractions lasting anywhere from 4-7 minutes, we went to L&D. However, we were sent home to "dilate some more".

Went from 1.5 to 2 - told to come back when I can't talk through the contractions. They gave me something to sleep, it helped. Luckily had my appt today with my doctor. She had no idea I was in L&D last night -they didn't even tell her or send her a report. ?? Anyway, the reason the "contractions" and pain were so intense is because everytime it contracted, the swelling would affect the ligament pain I have in my abdomen and cause pain to radiate everywhere. So the contractions were not as bad as I thought, because I was feeling the pain from that. Makes sense. And being a first time mother, I didn't know the difference. So my due date is Monday, and she said she will induce if I go past that. She did give me something for the pain. Maybe that will help. That is our Cody update of the day!

0 comments: